YouthStart European Entrepreneurship Award
23rd – 25th of November 2017
Honorary Patron of the YouthStart European Entrepreneurship Award 2017
Day 1 (Thursday, 23.11.) – Networking Day and Entrepreneurial Guided Tour
14.00 Arrival at the Hotel
14.15 Meeting-Point in the Lobby
14.30 Guided Tour in Sofia
17.30 Tasting of Traditional Banitsa and Ayrian
18.30 Meeting of the European Country Coordinators
Day 2 (Friday, 24.11.) – Entrepreneurship Summit & European Entrepreneurship Award
07.00 Breakfast at the Hotel
08.15 Meeting-Point in the Lobby
08.30 Transfer to the Location
09.00 Registration and Exhibition-Stand Preparations
11.00 Opening Ceremony
12.00 Common Lunch
13.00 Competition & Exhibition
16.45 Award Ceremony
17.30 Photoshoot and Dismantling of the Stands
18.30 Official End of the Event
19.30 Common Dinner
Day 3 (Saturday, 25.11.) – Visit of the Rila Monastery (optional)
07.00 Breakfast at the Hotel
07.30 Meeting in the Lobby
07.45 Visit of the Rila Monastery with Arranged Transport
16.00 Return to Sofia
Information about the competition
- The competition takes place in 2 categories – “Idea Challenge” and “Real Market Challenge”. The real market category includes the more matured ideas, that have been worked out in a more sophistic way and have been presented already in some other entrepreneurship fields (e. g. competitions, sort of a fair of student businesses, published article, etc.).
- You will have approximately 5 – 7 minutes time for your pitch/presentation, followed by a 3 – 5 minutes Q&A session with the jury.
- The order of pitches/presentations will be set by the host organization.
- The pitch/presentation has to be in English.
- If you have a video to show, please present it at your booth and not during the presentation.
- Your pitch/presentation should be as creative and convincing as possible. You can use any medium you prefer.
- The room for the competition will be equipped with a projector.
- Although there might be a computer in the room for the competition, please bring your own laptop.
- If you use PowerPoint/Prezi/etc. please make sure to bring your presentation also as a PDF document on an USB-Drive.
In order to participate, your national team leader or coordinator will have to download the following form, fill it out with all the necessary data and then send it to the host team.
Sofia (София) is the capital of Bulgaria as well as the biggest city in the country with about 1.7 million citizens. Today, Sofia is a dynamic Eastern European capital, distinguished by its unique combination of European and Communist-style architecture as well as many beautiful orthodox churches. Furthermore, it claims to be one of the few European capitals with beautiful scenery and a developed ski-resort so close to it - the Vitosha mountain.
The YouthStart European Entrepreneurship Award on Friday will take place at the Inter Expo Center. For the workshops and the competition the rooms "Rodopi", "Rila" and "Pirin" will be used as well as the foyer for the registration and will offer enough space for all the exhibition stands.
Very close to, and still aside from the bustling city center, Park Hotel Moskva is located in the diplomatic district, next to the most beautiful area of greenery in Sofia – the Borisova Garden. The hotel offers quiet and peaceful place for business meetings and conference events, as well as for a comfortable stay and complete rest in the quietness and the pure fresh air coming from the forested park.